Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Just tried calling the Samaritans but they're busy

(22 Posts)
ThePlaceboEffect Mon 27-Mar-17 23:39:38

I'm so tired but if I turn off the tv the thoughts will come and I'll feel worse.

Screamifuwant2gofaster Mon 27-Mar-17 23:42:14

Sorry you are having a bad night. If you want to chat on here I'll be awake for a little bit and I'm sure other people will be a long shortly.
Or try calling Samaritans again in a few minutes.
Take care.

Room101isWhereIUsedToLive Mon 27-Mar-17 23:43:07

Anyone you could text and ask to talk to them? Or just keep trying the Samaritans. I've never had a problem getting through. You can also email or text them, their website tells you how.

wobblywonderwoman Mon 27-Mar-17 23:43:09

Try them again soon .. We are here flowers

ThePlaceboEffect Mon 27-Mar-17 23:45:18

Thank you all.

No, no one I can text. I have no friends as I push everyone away. I just feel like I don't belong here.

FataliePorkman Mon 27-Mar-17 23:46:05

I'm here OP.

ThePlaceboEffect Mon 27-Mar-17 23:47:13

I cam walk around and feel like the rest of the world is on a totally different planet as if I'm there but not.

ThePlaceboEffect Mon 27-Mar-17 23:49:17

My family all hate me and think im an awful person. Everything I do just hurts more people.

MrsDrSpencerReid Mon 27-Mar-17 23:51:30

I'm here too, it's daytime here and I have a sick little one at home so will be on here for a while I'd say if you want to chat flowers

FataliePorkman Tue 28-Mar-17 00:17:18

It doesn't matter what other people think- family or otherwise. The only persons opinion that matters is your own OP

MrsDrSpencerReid Tue 28-Mar-17 00:19:41

Talk to us about what's going on, OP.

WaitrosePigeon Tue 28-Mar-17 00:20:36

You still there OP?

sandgrown Tue 28-Mar-17 00:24:53

Have you managed to get through to Samaritans?

OhBlissOhJoy Tue 28-Mar-17 00:35:03

Keep trying Samaritans OP, they saved my life this weekend. If they are busy now they won't be later. I hope you are ok and have got through to them.

MrsDrSpencerReid Tue 28-Mar-17 00:36:00

I hope you're talking to someone flowers

ThePlaceboEffect Tue 28-Mar-17 00:41:32

Hi everyone.
Thank you all for your messages flowers
I got through and spoke to someone but ended up hanging up after speaking for a bit as I'm a blubbering mess and couldn't talk anymore sad the guy was lovely though. Once I've calmed down I may try and sleep or may call them again.
Thanks for being here to get me through flowers It means a lot to me.

Screamifuwant2gofaster Tue 28-Mar-17 04:58:09

I'm glad you managed to get through to them. Hope you are asleep now. Take care.

MrsDrSpencerReid Tue 28-Mar-17 05:39:04

Take care OP.
Come back if you need to talk some more flowers

northerngirl71 Tue 28-Mar-17 11:45:20

Are you awake OP? We are here . Try and ring them again . Or let us know you are here flowers for you

ThePlaceboEffect Tue 28-Mar-17 18:50:47

I'm not fit to be a parent sad
I was in bed early yesterday so DD cooked her own tea (whilst testing her recipe for food tech). She burnt her lip testing the food. I should have been watching her.

Just home from work and one of the burners was still on. We could have burned the house down because I'm useless.

I got a fine in the post today because I forgot to tax my car. I can't afford it but will have to pay it as I couldn't cope with court action sad

To put it simply I fail completely at life.

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Tue 28-Mar-17 18:56:49

Your dd sounds supportive and bet she loves you as much as you love her. Grab a duvet and settle on the sofa together. When things are shit our dc remind us why we are needed - and useful - flowersto you op. . You def aren't a fail.

Wolfiefan Tue 28-Mar-17 19:01:52

You aren't failing at being a parent. You can't watch a (guessing Secondary school age) child every minute. They need to learn themselves. Mine measured out chilli powder over the tomato soup and tipped half a jar in by mistake. Lesson learnt!
I have actually left a burner on by mistake. Only realised when I went back downstairs late at night to freeze leftovers and didn't put kitchen lights on. And I'm a grown assed woman! blush
You forgot to tax your car? I reversed mine into something a few weeks ago. We all make mistakes.
One day and one thing at a time OP. And don't be so hard on yourself. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now