Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I can't even get help here

(30 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Ijustcantdothisanymore Mon 27-Mar-17 13:24:55

I am pushed away from every bit of help I try to get. Not a single bit of hope.
I'm begging for help for someone to talk to please and they've deleted it. You were all talking to me trying to help me and it's gone. Why is it gone? I've been told to phone samaritans and I've phoned samaritans and they can't help. Why delete the post I need it please.
I should have known there really is no point anymore

gamerchick Mon 27-Mar-17 13:27:05

They have to delete threads where the poster is talking about suicide I think.

Can you use this one for support instead without putting that in anywhere?

Is there anyone IRL who can come and sit with you?

Maudlinmaud Mon 27-Mar-17 13:27:12

Just offering a hand hold. I saw your last thread flowers Please reach out to a family member, friend or gp.

Misty9 Mon 27-Mar-17 13:27:58

I know you feel like everything is hopeless but is there anything you can do to take your mind off these thoughts? Do you have the crisis team number? Call them x

Ijustcantdothisanymore Mon 27-Mar-17 13:28:09

Please I need this I'm sorry I didnt know I could write what I did I just didn't know what else to do. I'm sorry if I upset anyone or did anything wrong.

helpimitchy Mon 27-Mar-17 13:28:49

You're not allowed to post stuff like that here, but I think you'd be better off trying to contact your GP or mental health services (if you have access) if you're feeling as bad as that. All the samaritans can do is listen, they can't really help solve any problems.

DonkeyOaty Mon 27-Mar-17 13:29:03

I'm so sorry you're struggling.

HQ have a blanket policy of signposting posters in distress to professional services as a safeguarding everyone thing.

Misty9 Mon 27-Mar-17 13:29:44

Don't worry about that. If you're seeing someone tomorrow then call that team now and tell them how you're feeling. They will have a duty worker or crisis team and they will listen

LadyTennantofTardis Mon 27-Mar-17 13:30:14

Hi if you get very very bad. Please dial 999 and tell them your intentions. You have a lot of people routing for you on here.

RiversrunWoodville Mon 27-Mar-17 13:31:19

I was just about to post on your last thread op. I know you think your dc would be happier without you but that cuddle the littlest one wanted shows they wouldn't. You barely managed the park but you did you are worth holding on for

Ijustcantdothisanymore Mon 27-Mar-17 13:32:52

I'm sorry

twinmamma2b Mon 27-Mar-17 13:32:59

If you don't have anyone that you can call, please at the very least get yourself out of the house into a place where there are people around you to distract. That was what kept me going during years of depression.

Whereabouts do you live? I can have a look to see if there are any other groups you can call on in your area. flowers

hickorydickorynurseryrhyme Mon 27-Mar-17 13:33:29

What do you need help with?

Misty9 Mon 27-Mar-17 13:33:51

Please call the crisis team op. What area of the country are you?

listsandbudgets Mon 27-Mar-17 13:34:48

No one is angry with you.

I was trying to post when Mumsnet deleted your thread. Please call 999 and tell them how you feel. I hope you get the help you need

Ijustcantdothisanymore Mon 27-Mar-17 13:34:51

Scotland. I can't walk well so can't leave the house alone.

gamerchick Mon 27-Mar-17 13:37:51

What does help look like to you OP? Is it someone to talk with or would you benefit from inpatient care for a while? Do you know what you're looking for? Would it help to break it up into little bits maybe?

Misty9 Mon 27-Mar-17 13:38:53

Do you have a number for your crisis team?

twinmamma2b Mon 27-Mar-17 13:40:26

OK... Have found an organisation called Breathing Space. Please please call them if you still can't get through to The Samaritans.

0800 83 85 87

listsandbudgets Mon 27-Mar-17 13:48:00

I think breathing space don't open untl 6pm Twin.

Try the samaritans again OP. I once phoned them and hung up as I didn't feel they understood me. An hour later I tried again and got a different volunteer who really helped me - don't give up

Morphene Mon 27-Mar-17 13:57:24

Its okay - no one is cross with you or blaming you. The post was basically taken down for technical reasons. Don't worry about it. You obviously want to stay alive, as you are actively seeking help to do so. That is an encouraging sign.

What can you do next to help that to happen? Is it phone for help from medical professionals?

ComtesseDeSpair Mon 27-Mar-17 13:57:42

Where in Scotland are you, OP? If Edinburgh and the Lothians, try the Edinburgh Crisis Centre - 0808 801 0414. Even if you aren't in the area, they can signpost you towards crisis services in your area.

Do you have a CMHN? Have you spoken to them about befriending services? If you struggle to leave the house, that could be an invaluable source of support for you.

Take care.

twinmamma2b Mon 27-Mar-17 14:00:07

Oh no - I missed that Lists sad.

PoorYorick Mon 27-Mar-17 14:01:06

It's because they're trying to protect you, OP...I'm so sorry for what you're going through but not everyone on the internet is trustworthy and they can't risk having some awful troll or well meaning idiot saying something dangerous to someone in such a terrible, precarious situation. Please get help from your crisis team and don't do it.

Ijustcantdothisanymore Mon 27-Mar-17 14:03:39

I understand.
I phoned mind but they can't help as I'm in Scotland.
Keep hitting brick walls. I'll go now but thank you all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now