Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

choosing a therapist

(3 Posts)
jobhunter7 Sun 26-Mar-17 09:16:57

I've got a background in writing. And I'd like to write (and create, make music), but I'm hard it excruciating to make decisions sometime. Would a therapist help me overcome this? It's kinda like just another person as a springboard just to get started...

jobhunter7 Sun 26-Mar-17 09:23:17

I've got a background in writing. And I'd like to write (and create, make music), but I'm hard it excruciating to make decisions sometime. Would a therapist help me overcome this? It's kinda like I need just another person as a springboard just to get started...

NolongerAnxiousCarer Sun 26-Mar-17 19:13:30

From my experience of councelling, psychology and nlp ( neurolinguistic programming ) Ive found nlp therapists to be the most effective. Nlp therapists often do life coaching too if thats the kind of thing you are looking for. I think the most important aspect regardless of the type of therapy is the theraputic relationship and having good report with the therapist.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now