Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Two months on given sertraline but worried about side effects.

(6 Posts)
whatisforteamum Fri 24-Mar-17 21:16:59

Two month's ago I was suddenly dizzy driving and turned back home.My second attempt I felt the same so phoned in sick.I then resorted to the bus however I still felt nausea and dizzy spells so began dreadi g. the short journey.this went on for weeks until walking to the bus was too. Much.I was signed off for a week.Since last weekend I felt better in myself not tearful or anxious but I kept my doc appointment.he prescribed sertaline or CBT which worked twenty five yrs ago.however I can't attend appointments.reading the side effects of sertraline I don't want to go backwards feeling sick and dizzy however I want to drive again and can only manage the estate before I feel an,Pius on main roads.Advice please smile

Privateandconfidentialplease Fri 24-Mar-17 21:27:53

I started a thread worrying about the same thing. I did eventually take them and it hasn't been that bad. In light of my experience I would say to take them and see. My thread was 'I don't want to take the meds, can I do this without them.' Lots of lovely people have shared their experiences and given advice and support which really helped me through and continue to help me through a tough time.

whatisforteamum Fri 24-Mar-17 21:46:20

I have emetaphobia which doesn't affect !e too badly these fays however I don't want to take something that would make me sick the gp said it would makw me feel sick for a few days

Privateandconfidentialplease Fri 24-Mar-17 22:04:47

I did feel a bit sick but I knew I wouldn't be sick, if that makes sense.x

user1490395938 Fri 24-Mar-17 23:03:40

Hello, hope the side effects calm down for you soon and you start to feel better. I have suffered from anxiety for a while and recently went to the gp and she recommended sertraline. I said I wanted to go and research it and see what the side effects were before I accepted them and having googled the drug I am now wondering if I should have them or not. I know everyone is different and we all react differently to medication but just not sure. I had citalopram in the past but they made me really tired. I think if you see your gp and ask if there is an alternative you can try? I am also scared to try sertraline for fear of the side effects being worse than what I am already experiencing, Sorry to jump on here and talk about me (I am new to MN having just joined tonight! )

whatisforteamum Sat 25-Mar-17 06:52:48

I haven't started them yet.e nausea and dizzyneas isma symptom of the anxiety they think.TBh I'm all for sorting phobias out myself however I was getting desperate and couldn't carry on like this.I will probably do half dose to start as I have a holiday booked this month at I will miss if this continues.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now