Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I just need help.. :-(

(7 Posts)
heatherxo Fri 24-Mar-17 11:29:12

I'm really struggling right now. I take 150mg/day of Sertraline.
On Wednesday night I took an overdose. I was admitted to hospital overnight and got out yesterday afternoon. I spoke with a psychiatrist who asked me to go to my gp. Anyway I went to the gp this morning and I feel like they aren't listening to me!
I've been re-referred for counselling and I've to continue taking my sertraline.
I'm not just depressed anymore, I know there's something wrong with my head.. I sometimes hear and see things which aren't real.. and I'm scared and feeling alone.
Shouldn't the doctors be doing something about that? I dunno what to do anymore sad

I know I'm just rambling here but I need to get it all out (even if it doesn't make sense). I just need to feel better

grace9892 Fri 24-Mar-17 13:58:56

I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling great OP. How do you mean they're not listening?

NolongerAnxiousCarer Fri 24-Mar-17 20:19:55

Hi heather,

That sounds really scary, particularly the hallucinations. Do you know that they are not real when they happen? Do you have crisis team number to call if things get bad again? Do you have a plan to keep yourself safe?

I've been suicidal in the past, and can remember the day after feeling very surreal. Going about normal things, thinking that I might not have been there anymore.

heatherxo Fri 24-Mar-17 22:39:38

grace I just feel like they aren't taking into account what I'm say. I've told the psychiatrist and the doctor about it and it's like they've just not heard me.
nolonger it is scary. They feel real at the time.. if that makes sense. I'm just really worried about it. I have the number for the local mental health assessment unit.
I know I overdosed but I didn't want to die, I just wanted to feel numb for a while..

Thanks x

NolongerAnxiousCarer Fri 24-Mar-17 23:17:15

heather I can understand wanting to feel numb. It may well be that the Drs have taken on board what you've said but that they can't do anything other than what they are already doing. The fact that you recognise that these hallucinations are not real even if its after the event is a positive. When DH is poorly he doesn't recognise it at all and things can get pretty difficult. The fact that you recognise theres a problem is probably reassuring the Drs iyswim. That doesn't make it any easier or less scary for you though. flowers

Itisnoteasybeingdifferent Sat 25-Mar-17 07:15:45

You wanted your meds to have a more numbing effect than you were getting? Like getting drunk to forget? Or take you away from the situation?

Have you actually said that to the doctors?

heatherxo Sat 25-Mar-17 11:15:08

nolonger yes I kind of thought that was a positive to the whole situation, and it doesn't make me feel a bit better to think that they might go away.

noteasy yes that is exactly what I was hoping for, I told them I wanted to feel numb but they didn't really ask anything else about it.

I don't feel suicidal, I just want to hurt..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now