Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Fluoxetine, when to take?

(8 Posts)
SocksBoatsAndQats Mon 20-Mar-17 19:43:04

Is it better in the am or pm?

fallenempires Mon 20-Mar-17 21:29:01

I would advise morning.Have you taken AD's before?This one was my first experience of them.They completely wiped me out for a good fortnight,and I mean fatigue worse than early pregnancy or EBF! If you can start taking them when you have a less busy few days or longer than this would be ideal.If not be prepared to ask for help with day to day routines especially if dcs are involved.
But I have to say that after a couple of months of taking them I really did notice the difference.

NolongerAnxiousCarer Mon 20-Mar-17 22:07:23

The first time I took them in the morning, the second time in the evening, and I can't say I noticed much difference. I think they have a long half life so stay in your system a few days anyway, so its not like it will run out by the end of the day. It can make you feel a bit odd in the first few weeks as PP said, but this normally settles and it saved my life.

SocksBoatsAndQats Tue 21-Mar-17 06:28:09

I've never taken them before, I took my first last night and kind of glad I did as my vision went a bit blurry. I've got work this morning as well, that's faded this morning thank goodness.

NolongerAnxiousCarer Tue 21-Mar-17 18:17:35

I tend to get a bit of a motionsickness type feeling and dizziness in the first couple of weeks, but its never been too bad to be honest.

SocksBoatsAndQats Thu 23-Mar-17 21:51:50

So far, just a bit of blurry vision and sickness. Think decision to take at night was best.

TheOnlyColditz Thu 23-Mar-17 21:52:55

I take mine atnight, it's part of my routine. Do be sure to drink a full glass of water and stayupright for a while afterwards because it's horrible and burns if it comes back up

geordiedench Thu 23-Mar-17 21:55:47

At night/ They made me feel sick and sleepy for a few hours after taking, so I reckoned it's better to be asleep at night and sleep through the nausea that battle through the day with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now