We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

citalopram advice

(2 Posts)
marilynmonroe Sat 18-Mar-17 11:58:15

I've got general anxiety andI've been on 10mg for nearly 4 weeks and I'm not feeling any better.The anxiousness is still there and constant butterflies. I thought I would feel better by now. I've been fluxotine before and it seemed to work after a couple of weeks.

My sleep is disturbed with really vivid dreams and normally I don't have any trouble sleeping. My concentration isn't great either.

The doctor wants to keep me on 10mg for another month before upping to 20mg.

Can anyone tell me whether it's worth keeping on them or should I go back to the doctors and change? and if I change will I have to wait for another few weeks to feel any better? or should i ask to go up to 20mg now?

I just want to feel calm and stop having such a busy mind! Please help!! Thanks!

fallenempires Sat 18-Mar-17 15:17:23

I'm surprised by the starting dose tbh as that wouldn't even touch the sides given that they know of your previous history.If you feel that fluoxetine worked for you before then ask to be prescribed it again,do not wait until your review get an appointment asap.Don't allow yourself to suffer like this.flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now