Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

DULOXETINE instead of SSRI

(2 Posts)
user1489762682 Fri 17-Mar-17 15:02:02

I tried Sertraline and Citalopram and they did not agree with me- the doctor has now given me a SNRI called Duloxetine (Cybalta).
Does anyone have any POSITIVE experiences of this? Am petrified to start them but my anxiety is so bad its ruining my life and my time with my baby.

Mermaidinthesea Sat 18-Mar-17 10:51:24

Yes, I'm on it for dual reasons, firstly spinal nerve pain - it calms down any kind of nerve pain and secondly for the horrendous 24 hour panic attacks I get. The initial few weeks I found dreadful as it makes it all much worse but after that much better. The symptoms are going but I find I am very tired and find it hard to get up in the morning. If I allowed myself I'd go to bed as soon as I got home from work and sleep until midday. however once you manage to drag yourself out of bed you generally feel ok.
I can assure you that the panic attacks I used to have were far far worse than any side effects of this drug.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now