Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

SSRI dont work- Dr has givevn me SNRI Duloxetine

(4 Posts)
user1489762682 Fri 17-Mar-17 15:01:23

I tried Sertraline and Citalopram and they did not agree with me- the doctor has now given me a SNRI called Duloxetine (Cybalta).
Does anyone have any POSITIVE experiences of this? Am petrified to start them but my anxiety is so bad its ruining my life and my time with my baby.

NolongerAnxiousCarer Fri 17-Mar-17 17:21:13

Hi, I'm on another SNRI, Mirtazapine, which has been really useful for anxiety. Have put on quite a lot of weight and my periods have gone irregular, but no major side effects.

Loopsdefruits Fri 17-Mar-17 17:49:43

I've been on many SSRIs and SNRIs, and am now also on Mirtazapine (It's not an SNRI, it's an atypical antidepressant) I found duloxetine manageable, not too many side-effects smile

LittleMissUpset Fri 17-Mar-17 18:04:42

I'm on mirtazapine too, I tried sertraline and it really didn't agree with me!

Mirtazapine works for me, yes I've gained some weight but I will take that over how I felt before!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now