Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Grief or something else?

(5 Posts)
QueenFuri Mon 13-Mar-17 13:11:39

I hope I've put this in the right place, my mother passed away 18 months ago very suddenly aged 56 from sepsis I was her carer and spent most of my time with her. I coped very well with her death I think I've always had a deep fear of death and even as a child used to panic that she would die. Since her death I seem to have been ill constantly, I have developed gallstones, the past few weeks have been suffering back pain and various other aches and pains. I've also been diagnosed with a thickened womb which Dr's are dismissing as endometiosis as I have a few of the other symptoms. My anxiety has convinced me I have womb cancer though and I'm constantly symtomsngey spotting I have another scan but it is a 3 months waiting list to check my womb lining again. I have been having an increased number of anxiety attacks and been.prescribed beta blockers. I am sick fed up of being on pain 24/7 I can't sleep very well and I am becoming forgetful and feel like I'm being a nuisance going to the Dr's all the time. Someone has suggested it could all be triggered by grief and in my head so should be easily fixed if I 'snap out of it'. But how do I do this? Is it even possibly grief can cause physical pain like this even after all these months?

Ceetee23 Mon 13-Mar-17 13:25:18

I think I've learnt over the years that the mind and body are so interlinked so I really do think grief and anxiety and depression can all have their effect on our energy levels and physical health overall. Have you ever considered any counselling for the grief and/or medication at all? I really hope you're ok, things sound very tough. It certainly isn't just al in your head, it's a lot more complex than that. Big hug to you x

QueenFuri Mon 13-Mar-17 13:35:51

Thank you for you reply the Dr at my old surgery suggested I contacted Cruse I think? I haven't as part of my anxiety means I tend to stutter when speaking to strangers. I was on mirtazapine for a few months and zoplicone but I gained over 3 stone on them so came off them, I've also tied fluxotine but I didn't benefit from it. Can I also apologise for any typo's this app and auto correct don't mix!

Ceetee23 Mon 13-Mar-17 13:40:38

I've heard mirtazapine can do that. I wonder if there's a way you could email them? If that is easier for an initial contact. Grief can be delayed and maybe talking things through with someone who is trained in grief counselling could assist you. X

Ceetee23 Mon 13-Mar-17 13:41:51

Certainly don't feel a nuisance re the doctors. That's what they're there for. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now