Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

PND/Depression. Feeling alone and unhappy

(3 Posts)
midnightswirls Sun 12-Mar-17 19:27:11

Wow I don't know where to start. So I'm currently in a women's refuge and I've now got a place to go to but I've got to wait a month. I've been here 6 months now. I've also recently realised my mum is a toxic abusive parent and she's currently not talking to me because I finally said no to her. I feel so lonely, I can't even go into the communal lounge with the other ladies as I have an 8 month on LB. I couldn't leave him even with the monitor on I wouldn't dare. So I feel very Isolated in here. I always had a feeling I had/have PND too. I love my LB to pieces but find it so hard! The first few months were a blur, he had a milk allergy, silent reflux. He was rushed to hospital twice when he was 4 months. I think everything has caught up with me. I cry most days, I feel sad, hopeless, I feel like there should be more to life. I feel like I don't have many friends. I just don't know what to do anymore. I want to enjoy life like I used to.

Christonacracker Sun 12-Mar-17 19:54:00

Hey Swirls, just wanted to say hang on in there. Have you spoken to your HV or GP about how you feel? You've been through a terrible time, but focus on the positive - a new home in 4 weeks! Just take it one day at a time, get out as much as you can to playgroups, the park, etc. You sound like a brilliant mum. Sending you much love flowerscake

midnightswirls Sun 12-Mar-17 20:15:20

I last spoke to my gp before I came into the refuge. I said I didn't want to try medication but try counselling first. I've had some sessions but can't get anyone to look after my LB now as my mum isn't speaking to me. It is a positive as the refuge is making me feel isolated. Especially since the ladies here seem close. I want to take my LB to groups but I get so anxious and feel ĺike an outsider. I guess I need to go for my LB sake. Thank you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now