Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I wish I wasn't here

(11 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

forgetiteverdid Sat 11-Mar-17 20:48:49

That's it, really.

Just wanted to share which is probably stupid but true.

PurpleDaisies Sat 11-Mar-17 20:49:53

flowers

Have you had any help for the way you're feeling?

forgetiteverdid Sat 11-Mar-17 20:54:53

No. I doubt there's anything anyone can do (sorry to sound defeatist!)

PurpleDaisies Sat 11-Mar-17 20:57:14

There is help out there. It's scary but if you ask for it you don't have to feel the way you're feeling now.

Your gp is a good person to talk to. The Samaritans will always listen to anyone having a tough time. If you think you might harm yourself, please call somebody or head to A and E.

forgetiteverdid Sat 11-Mar-17 21:03:15

Unfortunately I spoke to samaritans - the guy wasn't interested. I know most are lovely I just got an bad one.

The only help is pills and counselling. Neither work.

DumbleDee Mon 13-Mar-17 21:37:37

I understand. I am with you. I don't want to die, I havent contemplated suicide - apart from fleeting thoughts. But I have though about simply not existing. I find it difficult to talk about, but finally spoke to my GP today who was fantastic. Medication and counselling referral. xx

miniatureegg Mon 13-Mar-17 21:54:20

Same here flowers

But I might want to be here tomorrow and that's the best reasoning I can offer you.

humourless Mon 13-Mar-17 21:57:33

Could you try a more specific charity or phone line?

flowersflowers

humourless Tue 14-Mar-17 09:19:54

Op?

miniatureegg Fri 17-Mar-17 18:40:46

I hope you re feeling brighter op. I'm having a better day. They do come around flowers

Blossomdeary Fri 17-Mar-17 18:47:15

I have been there - stick with it, there will be good days that make life worth living believe me. Try Samaritans again - they really can be of help.

Stick with the pills - they take a while to work and sometimes you have to find the right one for you - there will be one. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now