Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Sertraline help please

(7 Posts)
ktjb39 Wed 08-Mar-17 19:50:24

I've just done a stupid thing while not concentrating, I take 100mg sertraline tablet each morning and now tonight I went to take a different medication and without concentrating properly I took a sertraline tablet by mistake. Will I be ok? The tablets were 12 hours apart - panicking slightly sad

cabininthewoods2016 Wed 08-Mar-17 20:03:27

Hi, I take 100mg twice a day. 7am and 7pm you will be fine, a bit more tired than normal and you may have insomnia. I would take tomorrows tab about 1pm and then back to normal time the next day x

ispymincepie Wed 08-Mar-17 20:05:38

I'm sure you'll be fine. I sometimes take mine in the evening, sometimes in the morning, so the doses are closer together sometimes.

PlinkPlonkPlunk Wed 08-Mar-17 20:16:28

Should be fine, but you could give out of hours a ring if you need reassurance. I think the maximum daily dose is 150, right? So you're not far above that, and with it being spaced out your system should sort it out. But I'd leave it until at least lunchtime tomorrow to take another dose. Or you could call into a pharmacy tomorrow and ask them for advice.

ktjb39 Wed 08-Mar-17 20:20:06

Thanks so much for such quick responses. Max dosage is 200mg per day so I'm not panicking too much. Will leave next dose until tomorrow lunchtime as suggested - such a stupid thing to do - my children kept calling down to me from their bedrooms and I wasn't concentrating.

highinthesky Wed 08-Mar-17 20:21:03

OP, this obviously isn't ideal but nor is it a huge cause for concern as a one-off (this is the maximum licensed daily dose). Try not to worry about it.

imthelastsplash Wed 08-Mar-17 20:22:27

I take 200 a day - just take tomorrows later - you'll be fine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now