Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Dissociation / Dissociative Disorders?

(3 Posts)
user1488971733 Wed 08-Mar-17 11:22:48

Was just wondering if anyone can please shed some light (I am nervous to even ask this given that Split has just been out). I was diagnosed with a dissociative disorder two years ago, I am currently in long-term psychotherapy and I take Olanzapine. Basically, the Olanzapine has stopped working. Like completely stopped working. I feel like I am going to have a heart attack constantly, my thought process is all over the place, I can't keep track of time or even have a basic conversation.

I'm not suicidal or self harming but I feel like I am going to die.

I have been given a psychiatrist appointment tomorrow but I am now not sure what to ask for - I am really worried he is going to say there's nothing more that can be done. I am wondering if I am expecting to much as well, basically, I would love something like Olanzapine that actually works again. My life was getting back on track with the Olanzapine - it's unravelling at a rate of knots now.

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions please?

Sunnysky2016 Wed 08-Mar-17 11:46:39

Do you think you may need a higher dose? I'm on it for bipolar and take 7.5mg and an additional 2.5mg when my mood starts to get high. At the moment it seems to be working, I don't want to go higher as I've put on bloody weight, but my psychiatrist last week mentioned I was on a very low dose.

NolongerAnxiousCarer Wed 08-Mar-17 17:51:41

I find that stress tends to trigger discociation for me. Have you been under more stress than usual? Its good you have an appointment tomorrow, they may be able to offer a different dose or different meddication. They may also be able to look at if psychotherapy is appropriate. Theres some useful info on www.neurosymptoms.org

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now