Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Why so hard to just get my prescription??

(4 Posts)
CopperBoomCopperBoom Mon 06-Mar-17 20:56:08

Every month, every single month there is a problem with my repeat prescription. I'm considering saying fuck it then, not bothering going back. When did the NHS get so shit, god that's unfair, i know they're doing their best.
Every time, my prescription is lost or at the wrong surgery or not ready or I have to speak to a doctor - and not any doctor, my doctor, who I've never even met, not even convinced he exists. This time the receptionist gave me a lecture on the phone, health is important she said, well I can't just answer the phone when I'm at work, work is important too, it's all I have.
Now been without my medication for over a week. I feel hopeless, I feel like doing terrible things and I know once I get the damn prescription I'll feel possibly even worse because it takes a while to feel better.
Counselling was a fucking nightmare as well. Stressed me out getting there, felt like they had no idea what I was talking about, and each time I go back there;s another traumatic experience to talk about so we never get to the root. So I gave up for a few weeks and they closed my case.
I know, I know, call them tomorrow. I'll try not do anything silly til then. Just why can't it be easier. Dr only asks me what medication I want, doesn't ask how I am so why bother, why not just do it all online and forget it.

JaneEyre70 Mon 06-Mar-17 21:01:51

Make an appointment, take someone with you and explain all of this to your GP. Sounds totally unacceptable and you shouldn't be feeling like this. Failing that, make a complaint to the practice manager. You really shouldn't be going for a week without medication, no wonder you feel awful. I'm sorry you feel so bad and hope it improves soon for you.

Itisnoteasybeingdifferent Tue 07-Mar-17 05:10:37

How do you arrqnge prescriptions?
I hand mine in at reception and collect from the surgury then go to the chemist. They do a repeat service but I don't use it as less to go wrong.

Oblomov17 Tue 07-Mar-17 07:38:22

I agree. Although it's a pain, I suggest going back to basics, take prescription in your yourself, make a note on your phone: handed to Barbara the receptionist on Tuesday 6/3 @ 5.37pm.

Then if anyone disputes it, you look a lot more convincing. I know it's petty, but it takes seconds, whilst you are standing in the reception queue!!!

And then go and collect it yourself. Time consuming. But less can go wrong.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now