Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Ptsd and ttc

(3 Posts)
Mamabooksbabynumber2 Fri 03-Mar-17 11:24:57

Hi everyone, thought this might be a nice place to post this. Has anyone ttc towards the end of their therapy? I have started two days ago slowly coming off sertraline 50mg and taking reconception multivitamins. Has anyone been in a similar position of ttc at the tail end of therapy and reducing meds? Daughter is 7 and want to have a baby soon as age gap is getting bigger and don't want to wait anymore. Also on the other hand worried about a relapse and coping etc.

Mamabooksbabynumber2 Fri 03-Mar-17 11:25:37

Forgot to mention I have PTSD, depression and anxiety.

NolongerAnxiousCarer Fri 03-Mar-17 18:25:20

Yes me too. I'm recovering from PTSD and associated anxiety. Its slightly more complicated as DH is recovering from an episode of psychosis and depression too. DH had been stable for a few years and we were ttc before he got poorly this time, then we took a break for a while. We are now getting to the point where we feel ready again.

I'm still on Mirtazapine 30mg and this has made my cycles irregular very frustratingly and my GP wants me to stay on this for at least another 6 months. I'm still taking the preconception multivitamins and additional calcium and vit D but despite this I've just had a blood test that shows my vitD levels are very very low (linked to depression and anxiety) so Ive got to take a high dose of this and have it monitored.

I'm in my mid 30s so keen to to leave it too much longer. My GP has made it clear that she does not think we should have children due to DHs MH despite never actually having met him, but the CPNs from his team are very supportive. I'm nervous for both our MH perspectives, especially as lack of sleep can be a trigger for DHs condition, but have been assured we will have plenty of support from DHs MH team. I'm planning to ask for a midwife with an interest in mental health if there is one available, partly because my GPs comments upset me so much and I'm scared of comming up against this stigma and predudice all the way through. (The CPN was really angry with my GP and reccommended I put in a formal complaint of descrimination)

Good luck to you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now