Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Going to work wanting to cry

(4 Posts)
sniffle12 Tue 28-Feb-17 08:52:35

Everything had been going so well. Then yesterday it just seemed to be everything. First day back at work for a while and it was endless monotonous as usual. Had an argument with DH when we never argue and always have each other's backs and wish I could just turn back time and not have started it. Arranged for a friend to come round straight after work tonight (not one I can be honest with) and haven't been able to face tidying up for it so the house is disgusting and just want to go home and curl up in a ball later anyway. And just can't face going into work right now and faking cheeriness or that I care about anything that happens there.

Good luck to everybody else facing their Tuesday!

Itisnoteasybeingdifferent Tue 28-Feb-17 08:57:14

Can you tell us why you have been off work?

sniffle12 Tue 28-Feb-17 09:10:01

It was just a holiday, I am never off for my mental health, indeed most of them probably don't have a clue I am anything but cheerful. As a lot of my anxiety is around approval and being thought well of, I find it impossible to share anything at work as I dread being thought of as 'not able to cope'

Itisnoteasybeingdifferent Tue 28-Feb-17 11:58:31

The come down from holiday is always bad. But real life is about the every day. Holiday really doesn't work 365 days a year. If you tried it you would be posting about life having no meaning and suffering depression for lack of direction.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now