Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Over responsibility

(7 Posts)
Woollymammoth63 Mon 27-Feb-17 20:13:57

Hi everyone. Feeling a bit off tonight. I tend to be very responsible, sometimes that can tip into feeling over responsible especially at work. I'm going to try mindfulness in a bit. Get disheartened how this can suddenly come out of the blue, sometimes think I may be in the wrong( very responsible) job.

Bluefluff Mon 27-Feb-17 20:18:48

I can relate flowers. Hope the mindfulness will take the edge off for you. Sometimes just knowing you have a 'toolkit' of things you can use can really help.

Woollymammoth63 Mon 27-Feb-17 20:32:28

I might journal in a minute and try to meditate. It's like a worry can become a spiral of fear, in which I can't be sure if everything is ok or not sad

Jayfee Mon 27-Feb-17 20:42:12

it rather depends on your job, perhaps. it took me a while to realise that some jobs suited my disposition and others didnt i tend to overthink things. i found the book how to stop worrying and start living helpful

Bluefluff Mon 27-Feb-17 20:48:28

Do you have support at work in terms of looking after yourself, for example any supervision where you can reflect on your experiences? I have supervision once a week and it really helps with keeping things in perspective and talking about any worries I have about my responsibilities

Woollymammoth63 Mon 27-Feb-17 21:22:59

I do have supervision yes. That may help. Today a worry began but I struggled to contain it as a normal practical worry and just became sort of full of dread and uncertainty, even though I sorted the original concern out.

Woollymammoth63 Mon 27-Feb-17 22:09:17

Have tried headspace bit better. Always takes me by surprise how anxiety can just appear. After several calm happy days. But I can fight it with what I've learned and distract, meditate, not go into negative thinking. It's annoying but I Had a very happy day yesterday so worth holding onto that. It feels like OCD sometimes - a doubt that everything is ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now