Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Struggling with AD withdrawal

(4 Posts)
Wittynameno5 Mon 27-Feb-17 10:51:38

Hello

First time poster. I'm struggling with coming off Duloxetine. I've been on various levels of citalopram and duloxetine for best part of two years and I've slowly come off the duloxetine within the last week or so.

But today I'm having a bit of a wobble. I'm noticing all the differences that the side effects have been making both good and bad. I know it was the right time and decision but I'm starting to doubt who I'll be when the effects a fully worn off. What if people only liked the AD me? Is there anything left of me to go back to? Just stupid thoughts ruminating. But I can't focus and I can't lean on anyone irl. Can someone say nice things? Please?

NolongerAnxiousCarer Mon 27-Feb-17 17:13:30

Don't worry, if coming off them doesn't work right now you can always ask to go back on them again. I think its normal to feel apprehensive about the changes. Try not to over analyse but maybe keep a diary with a few notes or scores out of ten and then look back at if there are any patterns or if its stayed stable over a period of time.

Itisnoteasybeingdifferent Tue 28-Feb-17 12:00:01

Meno,

How are you today?

Wittynameno5 Tue 28-Feb-17 19:44:55

Sorry for the silence. I've been very busy.

Thanks carer, the diary idea is brilliant. I think I'll start it soon as I'm out of this dip. I don't want to go back on them. I know it's a childish reaction but it would be like admitting defeat. I was so positive about coming off the meds and was careful where I was when I started to come off, made sure my gp was happy with the gradual reduction, stuck to it well. First couple of weeks went brilliantly. It felt like I was back. Now I feel like I'm inches from spiralling.

So, being different, I'm not doing so good today. My head's been pounding all day and now I'm sat crying alone, hiding it from DP. Again. This is how it started before, I can't go down this road again. My marriage can't take it, I can't take it. I'm scared.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now