Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Really depressed when I'm on my period

(10 Posts)
Evvy543 Sun 26-Feb-17 20:28:46

Every month each time I'm on my period, I get really down.
I keep telling myself it'll pass but I feel horrendous.
Does anyone else get this?

Itisnoteasybeingdifferent Sun 26-Feb-17 23:08:56

Ahem... I could get into trouble for this*... so please don't flame me.. but yes... lot of women get really down when they are on. ... and just before. Then after they are all go and on fire, full of life and beans...

* if you read my posts elsewhere you will understand that.

lampshady Sun 26-Feb-17 23:13:18

I have been through various MH diagnoses and am fairly convinced now I have PMDD. This month I couldn't get out of bed for a week. No answers but I'm looking at stopping ovulation and low dose anti depressants. It's fucking shit, you have my sympathies.

Zippidydoodah Sun 26-Feb-17 23:15:11

I'm the same. It's horrendous. Sympathies here, too. I need to get round to making an appointment see my GP because I'm fucked if I'm just going to put up and shut up with this fucking shit!

Grr. I get rage, too. winkangry

Zippidydoodah Sun 26-Feb-17 23:17:38

Ive just googled pmdd and actually burst out crying!! That describes me to a tee.

Op- maybe go to a doctor. I know I'm going to. flowers

WhatsGoingOnEh Sun 26-Feb-17 23:20:10

OMG ME TOO.

This bloke is a genius: www.studd.co.uk/depression.php

margaritasbythesea Sun 26-Feb-17 23:21:39

Interested ..

MrsArthurShappey Sun 26-Feb-17 23:26:02

I started antidepressants 6/7 years ago for PMDD. No exaggeration to say it changed my life.

nowayjose1 Sun 26-Feb-17 23:29:50

100% yes. I'm currently on and have not stopped crying and questioning my life all day. But I know I'm a couple of days I will be fine.

It's very rough you have my sympathies flowers

Blackbird82 Sun 26-Feb-17 23:35:01

Yep I turn into a depressed, angry, unreasonable, intolerant old boot for about a week to 10 days before my period. As soon as I come on, I'm a different person. It is a constant rollercoasters of emotions. I am trying very hard to keep an eye on how I feel throughout the month and keep a diary to chart my emotions and feelings

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now