Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Woken up feeling Dreadful! Any advice please

(3 Posts)
Honey1975 Sun 26-Feb-17 11:19:24

I've been feeling low for a few days now. I've been really tired and my head feels heavy and fuzzy. I thought I might be coming down with something but this morning I've had a horrible feeling of dread and anxiety. I could gladly stay in bed all day but can't as have children to look after.
They have been quite hard work
recently, arguing & tantrums. I feel like I'm going to explode when they start.

DH is happy & cheerful this morning and it's just annoying me. I actually feel like I want to get in the car and go ouy for the day on my own.

I take ad's and have some propranalol somewhere so guess I need one of those.

I just feel dreadful and it's scary. Can anyone relate?

EllyMental Sun 26-Feb-17 15:02:31

Hi Honey, yes, I can relate. There's nothing worse than waking up with that dark cloud hanging over you and a nagging sense of dread. Do you tend to feel a bit better later in the day/in the evening? This quite often happens with me. How is your day panning out? Are you managing to get any alone time? What do you enjoy when you're not ill? Hang in there, the feeling WILL pass, although I know it feels never ending at the time. Wishing you strength and peace of mind xx

Honey1975 Sun 26-Feb-17 16:11:20

Thank you Elly, sorry you know the feeling too.

I have taken myself
off shopping and feel a little better. I don't cope very well under stress and there's been a fair bit of it lately. I actually feel like if I stay in the four walls of our house for much longer with all the chaos I will go mad!!

Luckily dh is supportive as he knows I need a break as I'm with them all week when not at work.

What I hate is the dread feeling, it's
like I just can't be happy even though I have a lot to be happy for. I worry that it will rub off on my children or that I'm just a rubbish mum feeling like this.
Why does this feeling happen? Is
it hormones, anxiety, depression? I don't want to take a higher dose of meds but I can't stand feeling like this!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now