Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Mirtazapene

(4 Posts)
Margaret1982uk Fri 24-Feb-17 11:53:12

Hello- I was given sertraline and citalopram and both of them didn't agree with me. My doctor has now prescribed 15mg and I am petrified to start them in case I get a bad reaction again

NolongerAnxiousCarer Fri 24-Feb-17 18:53:06

Hi Margaret

Everyone reacts differently to ADs so its difficult to say. Mirtazapine is not an SSRI so is slightly different to other common ADs. I'm on it and have found it ok. Its common for it to make you drowsy particularly at first and is often associated with imcreased appetite.

bitingcat Fri 24-Feb-17 18:59:00

Sertraline did not agree with me at all. I'm now on 30 mg Mirtazapene and feel so much better. I have put on weight and I take them at night which helps me to sleep. My doctor described them as Marmite pills, you will love them or hate them! All the best and I hope you start to feel better soon.

nooddsocksforme Fri 24-Feb-17 20:19:48

mirtazapine wont give you the same kind of reaction as sertraline and citalopram. it may make you feel quite drowsy, esp initially but should make you feel calmer . sertraline and citalopram are ssris which can cause agitation in some peo. ple , but mirtazapine is an snri . it wont make you feel the same way the other 2 did

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now