Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Need someone to talk to

(7 Posts)
Housequeen101 Wed 22-Feb-17 17:30:34

I have anxiety and depression and on 20mg anti depressants. The last few days I've been feeling really low again ( haven't felt this low in nearly a year ) the past three days I have a constant bad feeling in the pit of my stomach and I feel sick. My LG is 2 and I've taken dummy away as it's effecting her bite, I've introduced the naughty step and givern up smoking all in the same week. I'm struggling today, crying because I feel like I've let my lg down by being a shit mum she deserves the absolute best, I was so close to smacking her today (have never and would never) I've just lost my shit today, finding it hard to cope. I know you're not doctors but I just want opinions - should I go back to doctor to up my tablets?

notabee Wed 22-Feb-17 17:34:22

Cut yourself a bit of slack.
You've just given up smoking (well done btw!) and you've just removed your dd's dummy and they don't call it the terrible this for nothing.
What anti-depressant are you on?

notabee Wed 22-Feb-17 17:34:49

Terrible TWO'S

Froglette16 Wed 22-Feb-17 17:35:55

Tablets aren't always the best option. Try Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. A lot of PCTs are offering it now. It helps to put things into a mental box so they can't hurt you and you can start to view the world in a healthier way. Ask your GP if they can provide it in your community. Pills help but not forever.

Housequeen101 Wed 22-Feb-17 17:36:27

Yes terrible twos is horrific she's the fucking devil one minute and the next an angel. I'm on Fluxetine (however you spell it)

UnbornMortificado Wed 22-Feb-17 17:38:21

I have a constant bad feeling in the pit of my stomach and I feel sick

That stood out, I'd say (as a fellow suffer, not a HCP) your anxiety is playing up. It's horrible, I always say this but I have bipolar and I've suffered PTSD and anxiety. I find the anxiety the worst out the three, it can be crippling.

I think anything that is negatively affecting your life needs checking by a professional. I wouldn't be too harsh on yourself 2 year olds can be little gits add that too the stoping smoking and dummy removal it's no wonder your stressed.

Housequeen101 Wed 22-Feb-17 18:00:15

Froglettt - I will do that actually thank you

Unborn - you're right, my anxiety is playin up I just feel like such a fraud going to the doctors,

Thanks for all your replies, I know it sounds silly but I feel better already xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now