Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

pnd

(2 Posts)
mumoftwogirls2017 Tue 21-Feb-17 14:57:33

I was diagnosed with pnd near christmas time after my 2nd baby. I been put on antidepressants. I self referred for counselling and after having a telephone assessment with Talking Therapies they came to the assessment to refer me to a group for pnd. After speaking to my GP, we both agreed that i need one to one counselling to deal with personal issues that i felt i wouldnt be able to speak to a group of other mums. With the NHS its a 16 week wait which i dont think ive been put forward to.

Was wondering if anyone knows where else i could turn to try and get the counselling

FreeWeezy Tue 21-Feb-17 15:09:08

Hi op. I was diagnosed end of December. I was put on anti depressants straight away and my gp referred me for counselling. I had a telephone assessment and they offered me 1-1 CBT. I got started with that about two weeks later.
I would go back to your gp and ask for a referral for CBT.
I was told during my initial telephone assessment that anyone caring for a small child is classed as urgent and seen within 2 weeks.
Do you feel like you need the therapy to care properly for your baby? I only ask because I was a real mess went a saw the gp in December and needed urgent help. Perhaps the gp felt you were coping well and so didn't put you forward urgently. I think going back to your gp and explaining you feel you need to see someone soon might help.
Good luck. It's such an awful place to be. Feel free to pm me if you want any help/advice or just a chat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now