Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I'm not coping and I don't know what to do

(3 Posts)
Pingsmum80 Mon 20-Feb-17 12:01:58

Severe anxiety and insomnia has taken over my life for the last 18 months

I can't remember the last time I slept a night. Last night I had no sleep at all . This happens a lot. Other nights I have 1 or 2 hours. Today I feel hot, dizzy, sick, irrational, keep crying. I am just utterly exhausted. I have another medical condition that means I'm in a bit of discomfort too (though not too bad).

I work full time, professional job with commute. I can't cope anymore on no sleep. There is no longer any pleasure in my life. I just about survive the working day then collapse.

I've been seeing doctor regularly for last year or so. I'm banned from having sleeping tablets . CBT did not help.

I stopped ADs as wanted to TTC but I'm going back on as soon as my next period comes and I know I'm not pregnant .

I just don't know what to do.

AnxiousCarer Mon 20-Feb-17 18:21:47

Huge hugs ADs sound like a good idea. You could discuss with your Dr which are the safest when ttc and in pregnancy. I think sertraline seems to be given in pregnancy sometimes. I've also been ttc and did some research. It seems theres no evidence SSRI ADs cause harm in early pregnancy, its the 3rd trimester where the risks of breathing problems increase.

Also can I reccommend a track called the golden core from www.nlpinthenorthwest DH struggles to sleep and swears by it, I find it useful too.

loinnir Mon 20-Feb-17 18:56:18

Some AD's can also help you sleep more deeply and longer - perhaps your GP could prescribe some so that you don't need to take sleeping pills on top.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now