Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Calling all manic depressives..

(3 Posts)
Itisnoteasybeingdifferent Sun 19-Feb-17 09:51:04

Apopros another thread... if you are taking meds to keep fairly stable

Do you miss the mania?

I dom miss my joi de vie.

NightTerrier Tue 21-Feb-17 12:12:10

Yes! Well, to be more accurate I miss the feeling of going up before it goes wonky and psychosis sets in. I've been going up recently and have been sensible and started a course of olanzapine. I ended up emailing people from the Church of England at 4am last week. DH made me take the olanzapine (I really didn't want to) after I was getting very excited and telling him I was going to email the Arch Bishop of Canterbury to ask him whether he thought there was a spiritual battle taking place between good and evil and whether Teressa May could be involved. blush

I'm kind of sad that I can't roll with it, but also pleased that I won't end up doing anything stupid, dangerous or too embarrassing.

But yeah, I was starting to feel pretty awesome! For a week or so I thought I was going to solve the homelessness crisis. Now I feel a bit sedated, have started catching up on sleep and I'm really tempted to stop the olanzapine.

I don't know why, but I only get interested in religion when I'm getting manic.

Itisnoteasybeingdifferent Tue 21-Feb-17 16:49:20

I came off my meds and had a long bout of mania and tried my hand at local politics and had got elected. It ended up with a threat of a disciplinary because I said it how it is.

I had to go back on meds.. but also resigned my seat. I know things could be different, but it won't be me that changes things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now