Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Health anxiety and Pregnancy

(2 Posts)
anxiousandpregnant Fri 17-Feb-17 10:40:19

Hi All,
I have suffered with health anxiety for most of my adult life. I've had two healthy pregnancies without any complications. I'm currently 9 weeks pregnant and I just cant stop worrying!! My main fear is developing a blood clot during pregnancy and I cant spend the next 7 months worrying about something that's probably not going to happen.
I booked to go on a family members birthday weekend before I found out I was expecting and the plane ride is 4.5 hours and by this time ill be 27 weeks pregnant so im terrified of getting a blood clot on the plane! Am I just overreacting? I have a midwife appointment next week so I think im going to bring up the whole health anxiety/blood clot fear then and hopefully she can put my mind at rest so I can just enjoy my pregnancy.

Itisnoteasybeingdifferent Fri 17-Feb-17 15:50:41

You know in your head you are overreacting..
But that doesn't stop you doing it..
If you read through the back threads you will find an awful lot of expectant mums posting about anxiety.. Just because you didn't have any last time doesn't mean it won't happen this time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now