Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Feeling desperate and anxious

(6 Posts)
Iloveprettythings Thu 16-Feb-17 23:42:35

I have posted quite a few times this week as I am Emetaphobic and my DD has been sick on and off for a week now.

I can't cope. She has been fine all day today apart from teething and a little diarrhoea but she has just been sick in her cot again. When is it going to end? I can't cope.

The doctor gave me some anti sickness pills (for me) but I am still a bag of nerves thinking they won't work.

I feel like I want to shut myself away or run away until it's over.

Not sure what I want from this post, maybe someone just to say it will all be okay, even though it really isn't at the moment.

PopGoesTheOysteryBullshit Thu 16-Feb-17 23:45:50

I'm not too clued up on emetaphobia, although I know what it means. I'm happy to hand-hold for a bit though.

Do you have anyone with you who can take over/help clear up the nasty stuff so that you don't have to be in contact with it?

araclouise Thu 16-Feb-17 23:48:55

Hi ☺️ I think I read one of your posts yesterday . I had my daughter 11 years ago and I developed ocd and severe anxiety about her health I was convinced she was going to be ill so would worry myself stupid I made myself Ill towards the end . I was exactly like you and it's the worse feeling ever . But I promise you everything is and will be ok ❤️ all this will be a distant memory one day but 1st you have to get help other wise it will linger on and turn in to another anxiety just like mine did I still suffer with terrible anxiety right now and I think it stemmed from to when I had my daughter because I wouldn't get help . Il be in here for a while if you need to chat try and have a good nights sleep nothing bad will happen I swear to god ❤️ xxxxxxx

araclouise Thu 16-Feb-17 23:50:22

Iv just realised that Iv mistaken you for somone else 😂 I'm sorry . Xxxxxxx

Iloveprettythings Fri 17-Feb-17 07:54:35

Thank you so much for the hand holding. I didn't get to read your message until late but it made a difference to me. My OH was here and he helps with the sick clearing up, but it is a hard phobia to understand.

I just wish she would get better, it's horrible seeing her like that and at the moment inside I am really struggling to cope.

PopGoesTheOysteryBullshit Fri 17-Feb-17 09:03:17

I understand. It breaks my heart to see my babies sick, and I don't have a phobia! It must be hell for you. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now