Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

So it begins again the joys of nighttime anxiety

(6 Posts)
user1475795500 Tue 14-Feb-17 00:56:21

Hi everyone I'm just wondering how do you get sleeping pills or Valium well anything that will just stop my body just calm down and relax ! Totally had a guts full of being so uptight scared and on edge . I can't even enjoy watching anything no more cause I can't relax . I went to the docters and explained my anxiety so she give me citroplam which I have had before and didn't work then she turns around and says well there's nothing else to give you . Does anyone have any techniques that help them relax and stop worrying ? Thankyou ❤️

Itisnoteasybeingdifferent Tue 14-Feb-17 08:01:24

Physical exhaustion...
When your body is physically knackered to the point of falling asleep by itself. Train for a marathon, Get a rowing machine and row a mile, then two, then four, then eight then eixteen.... If not run up and down the stairs a hundred times, then two hundred..

intravenouscoffee Tue 14-Feb-17 08:03:57

Have you tried CBT? There's a free online course called MoodGym that has good reviews.

I also listen to bedtime meditations on YouTube.

So sorry you're feeling this way, it's horrible.

MrsKilminster Tue 14-Feb-17 10:04:58

I'm the same, can't switch off and living with a feeling of dread all day long. SSRIs don't work for me anymore, I think it's a scandal that all the GP does is give out pills. Exercise certainly does help (whilst I'm doing it) but the effects don't last long. I'm going to try CBT again in the hope that something might click this time (it hasn't in the past).

Sorry to sound negative, just wanted to say I know how you feel and that living with anxiety is very hard. I'm not going to give up trying to get on top of it though. BTW Valium/sleeping pills are a short-term fix and you won't get them from the GP anyway.

GoosevonMoose Tue 14-Feb-17 10:12:16

You might consider CBD oil. DH has always had an awful time sleeping and the oil did it for him without any apparent side effects.

LiveThroughThis Tue 14-Feb-17 10:21:03

Propranolol helped me and allowed me to sleep for the first time in months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now