Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Anxiety/Stress rash

(7 Posts)
rosieposie2 Sat 11-Feb-17 20:49:51

Does anyone else suffer from stress rash. I get red blotches on my neck that come and go suddenly. They are bright red and feel like my skin is burning.
Im really self conscious of the blotches and feel like everyone is staring at me when i have a flare up.

Itisnoteasybeingdifferent Sat 11-Feb-17 21:48:39

I am lipicky .......

OK that was supposed to be lucky, gawd these iPhads are difficult to type on..

... anyways, was going to say I don't get stress rash.. but I do know it happens. It may be a very mild form of psoriasis, or eczema. Suggest the jolly old GP.

UnbornMortificado Sat 11-Feb-17 21:53:30

Rosie me, all over my chest. I've had one the last 5 days cos DD has been bad but now she's back home it's disappeared.

I've never seen the GP but a nurse at the hospital did say they usually disappear when the stress stopped. I'm just left with scratches off itching it subconsciously.

UnbornMortificado Sat 11-Feb-17 21:54:56

Dunno if this was meant to be on the MH board or general health board but I do have MH issues and I'm on medication.

Although I don't know if the two things are linked.

Itisnoteasybeingdifferent Sat 11-Feb-17 22:01:20

Mortificado and .Rosie,

Suggest to both of you now to see GP. If only to get some effective on
ointments to cLm the rash and help prevent scratching. .. That can lead to scaring or infection ... or both..

UnbornMortificado Sat 11-Feb-17 22:20:07

Itis it's completely disappeared now. I only had it while DD1 was in hospital soon as she's out it's gone. I will mention it Monday when I'm in for my meds review thanks smile

Brightredpencil Tue 14-Feb-17 04:08:28

Yes I do - itchy hives usually. Although once I was stressed and then had a very sudden and intense shock/panic and the rash became MUCH more intense and my face swelled up too. I don't know whether this was as a result of the shock or a coincidental allergic reaction...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now