Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Best time of day?

(6 Posts)
dramapantsindesguise Fri 10-Feb-17 19:48:28

Been taking 20mg of citalopram for a week and have been taking at around 10pm when I go to bed.
Struggling to get up in the morning and feel overwhelmingly tired in the afternoon and some days have been completely wiped out.
Does anyone have experience of taking this and changed the time of day they take it to see if it made a difference to how they felt during the day?
Just wondered if it helped to take it in the morning?
Also suffered with a severe 4 day headache which I have heard is common, someone please reassure me that was just a temporary side effect and won't keep happening!

fallenempires Fri 10-Feb-17 20:08:54

It's normal to feel wiped out for the first week or two,it's your body adjusting to the medication.Why did you decide to take them at night?

dramapantsindesguise Fri 10-Feb-17 20:15:39

The doctor suggested it, just wanted to hear other people's personal experiences to see if a different time of day would help. Hope this wiped out feeling does pass,it's awful! But still,rather that then how I have been feeling....it's quite nice not feeling anything except tired!

fallenempires Fri 10-Feb-17 22:47:51

The overwhelming feeling of complete & utter knackerdom is similar to early pregnancy but more on a par with having a new born & ebf with no respite! Does that sound about right?!
I have always taken AD's in the morning but my first time on them saw me craving bed in the late afternoon to the point that I couldn't even remember the long school run drive home,god only knows how I pulled it off!
Try to remind yourself that this is your body adjusting to the meds,it's awful to start with but it does get better.

dramapantsindesguise Fri 10-Feb-17 23:08:22

Yes, exactly that fallenempires. So guess it doesn't matter what time I take them the feeling is the same.
Does this become less as time goes on?

fallenempires Sat 11-Feb-17 10:33:47

Yes it will get easier over the next week or so.Despite the fatigue are you feeling any better within yourself?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now