Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Increased Venlafaxine today from 75mg to 150mg - Advice Please!

(2 Posts)
Bookworm13 Tue 07-Feb-17 13:28:44

I have been on Ven for 10 weeks - first week at 37.5mg and 9 weeks at 75mg.
I had been doing great on it and then last week for a couple of days I noticed I was almost slipping backwards. It seemed to lift from about mid week but then yesterday, I was flat, anxious, shaking and picking at my food again.
I didn't sleep at all last night either (I haven't had insomnia for weeks!) and when I got up this morning, I was anxious, dry heaving and shaking.
I rang my GP this morning and we had a chat.
She recommended that I increase my dose from the 75mg to 150mg, which is what I am doing. She advised me to take another 75mg which I have done, so I have had my first 150mg today.
I am seeing her for my next catch up tomorrow morning at 9.30am.
I just wondered what your experiences were, going from 75mg to 150mg? How long does the increase take to kick in roughly and did you have any side effects?
Thanks! X

Kanewreck Tue 07-Feb-17 13:38:30

I take 225mg. I don't remember having any real side affects. I only get pretty awful sickness and tingling in my arms if I forget to take it.
After trying numerous drugs, I find that venlafaxin suits me. This may mean that I don't experience bad side affects. I think it's a very individual experience.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now