Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Writing things down.

(5 Posts)
LauraMarling Mon 06-Feb-17 13:02:33

I've received treatment on and off for my depression/anxiety/emotions/mood swings for years now.

But since having DC2 and growing up a bit I realised there were things which my parents did and I got involved in when I was younger that still impact my day to day life. Along with some symptoms that never go away. Clingyness, dissociation, anger issues.

I know my doctor well and I've been in hospital before but I've never really talked about any of this because I'm not entirely sure it is important.
Will I not just seem like a petulant child crying cause my mum didn't love me the way I wanted?
Or are these issue that need addressed.
There's also a relationship that I had young that was probably all wrong that I've never really spoken about to anyone.

Anyway I've written a few pages of things I think maybe someone shoud know and be able to help me with? But do I drop the letter off then make an appointment or do I go and have her sit and read it. What if she wants me to read it and I can't?
My biggest fear is that she will say but everyone goes though that.

fallenempires Mon 06-Feb-17 13:28:10

If you feel that you have a supportive GP then make an appointment to go and see her.Have you felt that writing things down has helped you at all?

LauraMarling Mon 06-Feb-17 14:05:41

It has helped a bit.
I do feel I really need to move on from it all and I can't see any other way?
Scary though.

fallenempires Mon 06-Feb-17 14:08:47

Have you ever been offered talking therapies?

LauraMarling Mon 06-Feb-17 20:49:22

Yeah I've been offered a bit of kind of talking therapy. But I find it hard to get comfortable enough with people.
Actually I feel like I've waited all my life for someone just to ask me the right questions and they never have... so I've never really got out what I need to get out
(Which also makes me think it can't be that bad then)
Sorry for the ramble. I'm going to make an appointment and talk through what I've written and if she wants to see what I've written so can leave it with her? I think that will be okay ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now