Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

counsellor says it all my parent's fault ..........

(6 Posts)
tron Tue 27-Feb-07 10:19:03

that i feel the way i do. i carry so much guilt, i failed at brestfeeding, had 2 sections, feel i love dd more than ds. i always see or think the worst. what can i do about this i want to feel like my happy self again???

Beetrootccio Tue 27-Feb-07 10:20:17

My goodness that is a sweeping statement to make - surely counselling is not about blame but about finding a way forward?

moopymoo Tue 27-Feb-07 10:22:27

yes, as trainee counsellor i would be shocked if your counsellor said that tron. if they di - find new counsellor! i could go on about conditions of worth etc but am only half baked so far!

moopymoo Tue 27-Feb-07 10:22:50

did

moopymoo Tue 27-Feb-07 10:30:20

maybe what they were getting at was that your parents do help shape your image of yourself, but really counselling should be about recognising what the true picture of yourself is. And not breastfeeding is not failure, you tried, it didnt work out, thats fine and in the past. i think persisting with counselling is a good thing, take that statement with you ' counsellor says its all parents fault' and talk about it. hth told you im only part trained not allowed to work on real human people yet.....

tron Tue 27-Feb-07 20:38:35

thanks moopymoo - i'm seeing counsellor again this week - i just don't know what to expect or how to change the way i feel/think

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now