Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Just Self Harmed for first time in 6 years !!! Anyone about?

(4 Posts)
OopsDearyMe Sun 05-Feb-17 01:55:22

I have had the weirdest week of my life, which has culminated in me feeling suicidal all day, its daft I know but I hoped if I SH it would kick my mood into touch. But I'm back down again just an hour after. I have some this in the past and felt better. But not tonight.

Not to drip feed, I have been unwell with a cold and as my mobility aid broke, I have been in the house more than usual, but otherwise nothing obvious has happened. I have been really exhausted and struggled all week to wake up, its like I've been sedated, my mind is saying wake up but my body won't react. I feel awful because I havebhadbthe kids off school all week, pretending they were I'll, when really I just couldn't wake up. I hoped it was to do with the cold, but today I woke up at 3pm!!! So so down. I got on the scales and should have been ecstatic I am still losing weight, but no this did nothing. Then I spent the day really not hungry and realised that no havent had an appetite all week, cold? Or depression?

I have a bag of emotional shit that needs dealing with and am on a waiting list for CBT, but nothing knew.

Now of course I can't bleeding sleep!

wearerofmanyhats Sun 05-Feb-17 02:06:29

Not really sure what to say other than you're not alone. Mental health is hard to deal with. Go to your go explain you need help now and see if u can be bumped up the list. Also google some cbt techniques as there are some on tjere. Hang in there. Xx

TisMeTheLadFromTheBar Sun 05-Feb-17 02:06:31

I'm not much help but could The Samaritans help or have you got a crisis team that could advise you? flowers

OopsDearyMe Sun 05-Feb-17 02:43:20

Crisis team here are useless. I get asked what I want them to do to help me? If I knew I wouldn't be in crisis.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now