Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

indecision problems - are there forums?

(9 Posts)
cheesepie1 Sat 04-Feb-17 08:59:55

are there any support forums for people who have problems with indecisiveness? thanks

languagelearner Sat 04-Feb-17 17:55:48

I'm very undecisive, by nature and out of old habit, and I don't think there are any, apart from this one!

What do you need help deciding on? I'm not so undecisive anymore, and might come up with something... smile

languagelearner Sat 04-Feb-17 17:56:22

Argh. "Indecisive". I haven't picked my user ID for nothing...

Itisnoteasybeingdifferent Sat 04-Feb-17 23:09:51

Not sure it is a MH issue per say.. though the result may be .. anxeity etc

Have you tried looking for support groups?

cheesepie1 Sun 05-Feb-17 13:45:38

I am quite good at creative things, but I seem to find it very hard to make decisions. I just wondered if there may some people to talk to online to help me with my indecisiveness. Maybe I need company or companionship.

cheesepie1 Sun 05-Feb-17 18:36:18

I wondered if it was worth seeing a therapist would help. I'm a honest person, quite lawyerly...

I am quite good at creative things, but I seem to find it very hard to make decisions.

cheesepie1 Sun 05-Feb-17 20:41:16

But I'm not sure what kind of things a therapist would do. I don't really feel the need to talk about my feelings or how my childhood shaped my personality. I'm not sure if there are different types of therapy?

languagelearner Mon 06-Feb-17 03:42:36

A therapist can most probably only relieve you of your money. I suspect the only way is to start making decisions and stick to them. I for one have decided to leave mumsnet because from next week I won't have any time available to spend here (that is, it would be stupid of me to use my free time here). Maybe you could write down pros and cons for big decisions and then go with your gut feeling. You might also read the book "the Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho, it's about making decisions, the whole book is about making decisions and what might happen if you don't... it's a little peculiar, so if you don't get it in the first reading, try reading it once more.

HereInMyHead Mon 06-Feb-17 07:04:16

I can be really indecisive. Think it comes from a lack of trust in my own judgement. Procrastinating can be a symptom of anxiety.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now