Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Sertraline dreams

(3 Posts)
CopperBoomCopperBoom Thu 02-Feb-17 01:19:45

Do they get better/stop? I have been on sertraline 3/4 months now - I forget and have the crazy dreams every night. I can't tell what is real and what happened and what is a dream, although some of them are so crazy they are so so vivid and some are really mundane. It makes me feel crazy, but I feel so much better on the sertraline. Do the dreams go away at some point? I'm scared to sleep..

Sunnysidegold Sat 04-Feb-17 20:06:07

Mine went away but for a while they really scared me. As you say they can be so vivid thwy seem real. Maybe if it doesnt improve soon see your gp again?

Wheresthattomoibabber Sat 04-Feb-17 20:14:09

I find it helps to talk the dream through with someone as soon as you wake up. If you don't have that option then write them down. Mine went away after about four months. I have also cut out caffeine and more recently sugar which has massively helped with my anxiety.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now