Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Setraline during pregnancy

(8 Posts)
HaylJay Thu 02-Feb-17 00:08:00

Has anyone taken setraline during their pregnancy?
I'm very worried about taking it but it's defiantly necessary at the moment.

Itsalwaysfridaysomewhere Thu 02-Feb-17 00:17:08

Me. 3 Dc. Started taking it when breastfeeding dc2. Gradually came off it before getting pregnant with dc3. Had a huge relapse around 5 months pregnant, so started taking it again. Worried about it a huge amount, bit it was the right decision for me. I was very unwell and truly believe my anxiety was more of a threat to the baby than the sertraline.
DC3 is very healthy happy little monkey.

ConfederacyofDunces Fri 03-Feb-17 09:43:35

Yes me.

I was really worried about taking it during pregnancy as well. I have OCD and so a high dose is recommended for that (200mg). My psychiatrist couldn't stress more forcefully that it was more important for the baby that I take the medicine than experience distress and anxiety in pregnancy.

DS is now 2. Too early to conclude definitively one way or another about any side effects of my taking sertraline in pregnancy. However, so far (touch wood), he seems fine.

HaylJay Fri 03-Feb-17 11:18:25

Thanks for your response Itsalwaysfridaysomewhere
I hope your feeling well now 😊 It's good to hear you didn't experience any issues with setraline in your pregnancy. It does make me anxious being on medication this time around but it's defiantly needed for me at this time

HaylJay Fri 03-Feb-17 11:19:53

Thanks for your response ConfederacyofDunces
Hope all is well with you! It's good to hear your DS is doing well 😊 Fingers crossed everything is the same for me

MirandaWest Fri 03-Feb-17 11:20:18

I took sertraline from when I was 12 weeks pregnant with DD. She is now an 11 year old and she seems fine in all respects. I can't guarantee that I and therefore she would have both been here if I hadn't taken it so is good I did.

MirandaWest Fri 03-Feb-17 11:21:24

My only issue was that my morning sickness had nearly stopped and starting sertraline made me sick again for a couple of weeks. But that was a small side effect really in the overall scheme of things.

SarcasmMode Fri 03-Feb-17 11:24:36

Yes I did - when pregnant with both DDs.

They are 3 and nearly 1 - no ill effects as far as I can tell :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now