Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Been on flouxitene for a year...am I supposed to go back?

(8 Posts)
pelicantown Sat 28-Jan-17 16:00:30

My doctor gave me flouxitene a year ago I'm not sure if I'm supposed to just keep renewing the prescription or go back?

ArgyMargy Sat 28-Jan-17 16:10:18

Rather than asking Mumsnet I suggest you ask your GP. Fluoxetine.

gleegeek Sat 28-Jan-17 16:10:19

I've been prescribed this but haven't been brave enough to take it. Is it helping you do you think? Dr didn't tell me to make repeat appointment either but it might be worth just checking in with your Dr as it's been a year.

pelicantown Sat 28-Jan-17 16:11:42

Glee yes it has made a difference I am much more in control although still have bad days.

LTBforGin Sat 28-Jan-17 16:16:26

If you feel like you need a check up or a change in medication then book yourself in. Ime dr seem to be v happy to dish these out. I've been on and off them for years but I've never been able to go a year with no check up. 6 months max.

SSYMONDS Sat 28-Jan-17 20:40:36

My dr prescribed these for PMs. Not only did it get rid of the pms, but I am so much more confident and relaxed! Genuinely feel more amazing than I ever have. (I wasn't depressed before, but could be a bit hard on myself and stressy) It's been 18 months, and I've not been back to the dr as I'm worried she'll take them off me... I want to take them forever!

AnxiousCarer Sat 28-Jan-17 22:24:26

I've been on these twice for depression. Drs have always monitored closely initially then insisted on 6 monthly reviews. Was on it about 18 months each time and stopped 6 months after it reached full effect each time as recommended. GPs the one you should be asking as PP said.

Of course you'll have to go back! It needs to be reviewed, you don't just get given it indefinitely.

If it's a year it's likely you'll be due a review very soon. You probably have a review due date on your prescriptions

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now