Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Feeling really stressed

(4 Posts)
Dizzywhore Wed 25-Jan-17 19:35:29

My stress levels are through the roof at the moment! I feel like all I do is tell my poor children off, 2 and 5 so just babies! sad
Work is full on just now and I have a lot going on with family members. Something has to give but I don't know how you cut my load! DH massively supportive but works very long hours.

frazzled3ds Wed 25-Jan-17 20:01:30

I've been in a similar situation, although without a DH to turn to. Are you perhaps able to get some time off work either as holiday or perhaps via a sick note? Do you have any friends/family members who maybe could help out with a few things here and there so you're not juggling it all on your own? I've three DCs and at times feel that all I do is yell at them - then end up beating myself up when they've gone to bed for being a useless mother (I'm not, just feel it at times!)

Dizzywhore Fri 27-Jan-17 12:36:45

Yes I'm very lucky my DH to lean on. Just wish he was at home more!
No one else to really help out, my mother not much help to be honest! My friends all have their own stuff going on. I feel so burned out this week, time off isn't an option. To make matters worse my 2 year old has turned into the child from hell, im sure it's to do with me being so stressed. I feel like I'm going to ruin my DC if I don't snap out of this.
How did life become so hard??

frazzled3ds Fri 27-Jan-17 13:00:20

Kids do pick up on it, even when we try to shield them from it. I was a bit 'shouty' with my three last night as stressed and upset over my Nana who took a major turn for the worse yesterday - she passed away this morning so will have to tell the kids that later sad but my eldest yesterday sent me a text after he'd gone to bed to say that he and his brothers love me very much despite them being a bit 'stupid' sometimes. Brightened my evening a bit smile

Could your DH maybe give you a couple of hours over the weekend or in an evening where he takes care of everything whilst you lock yourself in the bathroom in a nice long warm bubbly bath or go for a walk or something that's time for you to just get some space?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now