Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Venlafaxine - almost 7 Weeks in - Help Please!

(3 Posts)
Bookworm13 Tue 17-Jan-17 12:11:25

I have been taking Ven for almost 7 weeks now (first week on 37.5mg and almost full 6 weeks on 75mg once a day) for anxiety.

I have been doing great on them...up until yesterday! I woke up feeling anxious and flat; barely ate any lunch but managed most of my dinner. I didn't sleep much at all last night (my sleep has been great again up until last night) and woke this morning feeling anxious and had a dry, horrible mouth.

I don't feel quite as bad at the moment as I did this time yesterday, but I still feel a bit anxious.

My in-laws have been making a nuisance of themselves since the weekend and I think this might have stressed me out.

I don't know if it is just a blip or not. My next catch-up with my GP is actually tomorrow morning (Wed 18th) at 9am.... I don't know whether I might have to increase my dose to 150mg?

Any feedback/experience or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you! X

Joto369 Wed 18-Jan-17 00:32:03

Hi there how are you doing? I took venlafaxine for agitated depression in 2004 and it worked a treat - only on a small dose though can't remember what!

AnxiousCarer Wed 18-Jan-17 17:44:24

Not been on those, but if things have been stressful with inlaws that might account for the blip. Hope your GP apt went well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now