Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I just don't know how to shake this off <<<<sigh>>>>

(9 Posts)
pucca Thu 22-Feb-07 23:04:00

I had a ds in Aug and since then have felt really low, i have found going from 1 child to 2 extremely hard and mentally draining and i just cannot seem to pick myself up.

Obviously i love both my children so much, and i don't think it is "them" it is me, they are both really great and easy going (no sleep issues etc at all).

I am just shocked i guess at how low i feel/have felt.

Atm i just feel there is nothing more than the groundhog day that is my life atm, then i feel extremely guilty for feeling this way, i don't really get any help from anyone at all even though i have plenty of family around, no one seems to want to know, my dh is quite good but it always ends up 'it is just easier to do everything myself'.

Sorry for moaning on, just feels good to rant.

hertsnessex Thu 22-Feb-07 23:11:22

I felt like this, and i do think it was pnd. i saw light once i was back at work , but still have my days when i feel like its groundhog.

are you ok when you have ppl around you? (i.e.its better than just being with them all day?)

cx

hertsnessex Thu 22-Feb-07 23:11:40

ps your kids are gorgeous!

cx

pucca Thu 22-Feb-07 23:16:40

Herts...I just feel really frustrated with myself as i have been through very low times in the past and been offered anti-d's and have never taken them (think they just delay what you need to deal withand don't like them), so i know if i go the doc they will just try and ram some down my throat!

When i am around people/family i just feel like a burden, i.e they are thinking "oh god! i wish they would go" and therefore stay clear really iykwim.

Thanks about the pics they are both lovely placid kids i sometimes i feel like they don't deserve me as a mother.

hertsnessex Thu 22-Feb-07 23:20:22

SNAP! i didnt want anti-ds. i often take NAT MUR (homeopathic) now when im feeling down.

i go to my parents alot after kids dinner (husbands works late) which i often think, 'oh, i better go home before they think im a shite mother and outstaying our welcome blah blah'

i dont know what to say, i feel the same.

Cx

pucca Thu 22-Feb-07 23:22:53

Herts...It is a comfort to know i am not a complete freak of nature (not that i am glad you feel this way too obviously )

It just really weird as after my dd, i felt great and on top of the world.

Thanks for replying btw

hertsnessex Thu 22-Feb-07 23:25:26

hi pucca,

i know what you mean, im glad im not the only one either!

guilt just eats away, sometimes its best to try and just take one hour at a time.

if your ever having a bad day or just want a chat just mail me! carlypoyser@hotmail.co.uk

pucca Thu 22-Feb-07 23:26:04

Thanks that really sweet

hertsnessex Thu 22-Feb-07 23:48:12

no worries, mine are 2 and 3yrs old now, so coming out the other side, but your ds is still young, give yourself a break.

cx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: