Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Need a hand hold

(20 Posts)
MyGastIsFlabbered Tue 10-Jan-17 18:42:56

My MH has taken a disastrous turn for the worse today. Rang both the MH team I'm under and my GP and neither phoned me back (I had a missed call but phoned the surgery straight away but haven't heard back).

I've got 2 small children and no partner so I can't go to A&E and I just don't know what to do now.

Mistletoze Tue 10-Jan-17 18:44:52

Oh, bless you, I have MH issues too and know how hellish it is.

I'm holding your hand.

EvaSthlm Tue 10-Jan-17 18:45:06

I don't know what you should do, but perhaps tell a little bit about what happened?

MyGastIsFlabbered Tue 10-Jan-17 18:47:30

I'm going through a hellish divorce, I've recently been assessed as having EUPD. My mum came over to stay over Christmas and went home yesterday (she lives in France) and I just feel so alone.

clairethewitch70 Tue 10-Jan-17 18:48:10

Hand holding here. I don't know if it is the same as your area but here OOH GPs come to my house if my mental health deteriorates quickly. Maybe you can request a house call.

clairethewitch70 Tue 10-Jan-17 18:48:39

x posted - I have BPD (eupd) too.

clairethewitch70 Tue 10-Jan-17 18:51:05

How old are your DC's? Could your mum return to you?

MyGastIsFlabbered Tue 10-Jan-17 18:51:32

When I've tried to get a house call before the OOH won't do it because I'm able to get to the surgery, even when I've explained I've got 2 small children.

clairethewitch70 Tue 10-Jan-17 18:55:34

Thats bad. Here OOH suggested home visit without us asking, and another time we were waiting for a call back and the GP turned up. Twice this has happened for mental health calls. Normal medical calls we have to go to the clinic.

clairethewitch70 Tue 10-Jan-17 18:56:38

Have you had admissions for MH?

MyGastIsFlabbered Tue 10-Jan-17 19:05:48

The dr has just phoned, but all he's done is make me an appointment to see the Drs tomorrow. Just got to get through tonight.

MyGastIsFlabbered Tue 10-Jan-17 19:07:22

I was under the crisis team 2 years ago. And was admitted many years ago.

TheTantrumCometh Tue 10-Jan-17 19:18:23

I'm here. I'm sos sorry you're struggling

MyGastIsFlabbered Tue 10-Jan-17 19:26:32

I don't know wtf to say to work tomorrow, I've already been signed off twice with MH problems.

MyGastIsFlabbered Tue 10-Jan-17 19:29:40

I work for a GP practice (just admin) and so they're fairly enlightened when it comes to MH, but they must be getting fed up of the time off I'm having. I wish I had a broken leg or something tangible.

clairethewitch70 Tue 10-Jan-17 20:11:29

We are here if you want to talk and a hand to hold. Do the GP practice you work for know about your illness. Can they recommend or help you access services? Can they help you get in touch with a councillor for CBT or DBT.

clairethewitch70 Tue 10-Jan-17 20:13:43

Are you able to ring the crisis team tonight? I am really sorry for this suffering you are feeling. It may not seem like it now, but things will get better.

bethrm1721 Wed 11-Jan-17 02:00:57

I couldn't read and run but I'm hand holding with you. I'm sorry you're going through this. Hope you're ok xx

clairethewitch70 Wed 11-Jan-17 13:20:08

How are you today OP?

MyGastIsFlabbered Wed 11-Jan-17 15:50:34

I went to the dr this morning and have been signed off for 2 weeks and had my medication increased. Been asleep most of the day but have to go and fetch my eldest from school shortly. I felt not too bad when I woke up but now the anxiety is kicking in again...I can't even pinpoint what I feel anxious about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now