Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Citalopram and exhaustion

(12 Posts)
Irritatedmama Thu 05-Jan-17 13:51:45

I'm coming to the end of my first two months on Citalopram. I feel a lot better since taking them except for the unrelenting exhaustion!

I feel as though I am tired and in need of a nap all the time! I go to sleep usually around 11pm and most nights I get around 7 or 8 hours sleep. I still struggle to get up and then could easily sleep for another couple of hours during the day if given the chance.

Is this normal, and if so, does it go away? I'm wondering if I need to persevere a bit longer?

fallenempires Thu 05-Jan-17 15:12:36

What time of the day are you taking them at?

Irritatedmama Thu 05-Jan-17 15:16:00

I take them before I go to bed.

OldBooks Thu 05-Jan-17 15:20:08

It has never gone away for me and I have been on cotalopram or sertraline for 3 years sad add a teething 5mo and I could curl up and weep from exhaustion

fallenempires Thu 05-Jan-17 15:21:45

Have you tried taking them first thing in the morning?

Sparklingbrook Thu 05-Jan-17 15:23:28

I always took mine with breakfast as the GP told me to (something to do with less likely to mess with sleep patterns) so it might be worth giving it a go.

SoTheySentMeA Thu 05-Jan-17 15:25:29

I've had to change to Sirtraline for exactly this reason

Irritatedmama Thu 05-Jan-17 15:28:39

I've not tried taking them in the morning.
I am sleeping fine but just can't seem to get enough.

fallenempires Thu 05-Jan-17 15:36:01

Have you got any Q days coming up? Might be worth trying then.If that doesn't work then I would go back to the GP.What dosage are you taking?

Irritatedmama Thu 05-Jan-17 17:39:12

Sorry what are Q days?

laurzj82 Thu 05-Jan-17 17:42:12

I also take in the morning and have no issues. Might be worth a try. But they don't suit everyone so if that doesn't work perhaps it's time to try an alternative

fallenempires Thu 05-Jan-17 17:56:05

Q = Quiet,if there is such a thing for parents wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now