Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Horrendous panic, anxiety, depression, please help me

(6 Posts)
ChasingMars Thu 05-Jan-17 10:28:08

Hi,

I have been anxious and depressed on and off for as long as I can remember, including a couple of months off work a few years ago. I am on fluxoteine for the second time - the first time it worked well after a time but this time I don't think it is having any effect.

Much of my anxiety is centred around my 16 yr old dd who has had lots of struggles with her own mental health, periods out of school, self harm, thoughts of running away and most recently a (small) overdose. I simply cannot detach form her and panic and worry constantly. But in the last year we have also had financial difficulties, my uncle has terminal cancer, I had procedures done to investigate potential uterine cancer which fortunately was a false alarm, my daughter's boyfriend committed suicide, my husband was violently mugged and experienced PTSD, the list goes on.

Today I feel worse than ever. Was physically sick this morning, went to drop dd at rail station and had a full blown panic attack and couldn't remember where the station was. I can't eat, I barely sleep because I wake up every half hour in panic. When I do sleep I have awful nightmares, last night I was killing the children by stamping on their spines, or I sometimes think my husband is a monster and attack him in my sleep and wake up screaming. When I drive to work I just feel like driving the car off the road so I can get some respite from his hell.

Please help me.

ChasingMars Thu 05-Jan-17 10:29:33

I'm in work at the minute but barely coping. Know I need to call the doctor but can't face doing it and finding out they have no appointments and that I'm still stuck feeling this way.

PandaPop55 Thu 05-Jan-17 10:39:39

You must phone the doctor now. Tell them how urgent it is. If there are no appointments ask for a doctor to call you back. If all else fails can you phone nhs 24 for advice. They will be able to help you reach the support you need. I have felt like you feel now. You will get help and you will better.

fallenempires Thu 05-Jan-17 12:45:09

The added pressures of holding it all together for your family with their own health issues is pushing you to breaking point,I can identify with this.
Please get an emergency appointment with your GP and tell them exactly how low you're feeling.flowers

ChasingMars Thu 05-Jan-17 14:42:43

I'm really scared to call the doctor, it seems such a hurdle but I know I need to see someone, I'm scared I won't be able to work and I've only been in my job four months and I'm frightened I will lose my job if I have to be signed off and I'll be letting everyone down too. I don't know if the meds are making me worse or I'm going crazy, I just want to curl up in a ball and stay there, I feel so frightened of everything

fallenempires Thu 05-Jan-17 15:11:04

How long have you been on fluoxeteine for?You can't carry on like this you really can't there is no shame in asking for the help.I appreciate your concerns about work,but you are ill.If things continue there is the risk that your performance at work will suffer too.What would happen if you had another illness or injury would you just carry on?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now