Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Feel so sad

(6 Posts)
thesleepystorm Tue 03-Jan-17 09:53:24

Just ranting really. Always suffered from depression on and off. Had medication, cbt etc, nothing's really ever helped. Been on mat leave so am fat, no conversation about anything but my baby, poor etc. Go back to work end Feb but feel sad about that too - don't want to leave my baby and scared about terrorism as I work in a popular London tourist location.

Just...feel sad. Have showered and put on make up but cba to get dressed, wash up, nothing. Just want to cry.

fallenempires Tue 03-Jan-17 11:20:04

Sounds as if you're really struggling.Do you think it might be worth going back to your GP? There's a strong possibility that you need your dosage changing or switching to another AD.

thesleepystorm Tue 03-Jan-17 11:43:57

I'm not on medication, I took various pills for years and they just made me feel worse and/or numb so I stopped

fallenempires Tue 03-Jan-17 15:55:44

It's entirely up to you whether you wish to give AD's another go but if I was feeling as awful as you are then I would.I reluctantly went back on them last year so can appreciate your apprehension.
Is it worth speaking to your HV?
The anxiety sounds crippling,but if you want to try a natural way to deal with that maybe give rescue remedy a try.
Also is it worth asking to have your thread moved to Mental Health as you're likely to receive more traffic there and from people who have personal experience with this illness.flowers

thesleepystorm Tue 03-Jan-17 16:17:23

Thank you I have asked for it to be moved

fallenempires Tue 03-Jan-17 18:19:09

Bumping for you!smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now