Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Sertraline

(5 Posts)
user1483367621 Mon 02-Jan-17 15:01:15

Hi, I've just started taking sertraline for depression but am a bit concerned at the side effects listed on the information leaflet and the number of negative reviews I've come across. Has anybody used this medication and how good/bad was it in your experience? I felt sick after taking my first tablet and woke up feeling really anxious this morning as opposed to depressed!

fallenempires Mon 02-Jan-17 16:18:25

I haven't taken it myself,but what you do have to bear in mind is that it takes time for your body to adjust to the meds.
It's also wise to accept that you may experience some side effects initially which usually wear off.IIRC your GP will want to see you again in 2-3 weeks after starting the AD's to ascertain how you are coping.
Not all AD's suit everybody so you may find that you have to change your meds until you find one that suits your needs better.
Be kind to yourself.flowers

user1483367621 Mon 02-Jan-17 16:43:37

Thanks for your advice, Fallenempires. To be fair, I already feel better in that I'm not being totally irrational and battling with the millions of random thoughts that have been spinning around in my head. I feel tired and nauseous but can cope with that for a few days. The anxious feeling I woke up with might be me getting chewed up about going back to work on Wednesday. If this is the worst it's going to be before I pick up, I'll be ok with that.

freewheezy Mon 02-Jan-17 16:49:08

Hi there. I've been taking it for about a month. I felt nauseous at first too but that subsided after a few days then I started getting headaches. Now the side effects are all gone and I'm starting to feel a bit better smile good luck with everything op x

fallenempires Mon 02-Jan-17 17:10:04

It's early days but tiredness and nausea are common with all AD's to begin with.As you mentioned the anxiety could well be that back to work feeling!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now