Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Relapsing

(5 Posts)
YoureAllABunchOfBastards Sun 01-Jan-17 21:18:06

I am struggling.

Sertraline dose was upped a year ago to 100mg. Have still been up and down, and mostly centred around work (although had a shit Year personally too)

Since November, I have had frequent anxiety/panic attacks. I'm not sleeping well. Sometimes it is blind panic, heart racing, everything bleak. Sometimes - probably more often - it is rage.

I am due back at work on Tuesday - I teach. Already on sickness monitoring following initial episodes just over a year ago and a couple of migraines.

WTF do I do? It seems insurmountable and I am scared to be off again- I need to find a new job and sickness absence will not help.

TheoriginalLEM Sun 01-Jan-17 21:22:54

Maybe a change in medication is worth considering. There are several SSRI meds, I was on citalopram for a long time and changed to escitalopram, which ok is pretty much the same but it made a big difference.

I think going back to workitis can be very anxiety inducing and lets face it, teaching is hardly without stress. Have you had any counselling at all? I had lots of counselling and mostly it didn't work, then I had a course with a half decent therapist and it made a huge difference.

fallenempires Sun 01-Jan-17 22:38:52

When are you due a review? It sounds as if you need your meds tweaking or changing.There is alot of people suffering in your profession & I'm disgusted on your behalf that work is treating you so harshly as it is in no way helping.
If you can get a GP's appointment asap and tell them exactly what you have posted here.flowers

YoureAllABunchOfBastards Mon 02-Jan-17 11:44:47

I do need to access counselling - I need strategies to let the rubbish float past me rather than getting tangled up. Woke at 5 today and was lying there getting wound up: so, got up instead and got cracking on tidying the house, which has helped. Still need to do some school work.

Tomorrow is INSET so I will try to get an afternoon appointment - unless the daft bastards are planning on a meeting after school...

fallenempires Mon 02-Jan-17 15:01:37

Do hope that you manage to get the GP's appointment tomorrow,let us know how you get on.smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now