Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Bought a flat and can't deal with the responsibility

(5 Posts)
letsghostdance Sun 01-Jan-17 18:02:23

Hi everyone,
Posting here because I'm really struggling. I bought a flat in early December and I've been panicking constantly since then. Huge anxiety attacks, vomiting, feeling unable to leave the house because I'm frightened that something is going to happen when I'm out.
I'm scared that there's something wrong with the building and I'm obsessively checking everything constantly. It doesn't help that there are some issues which I didn't know about about the flat itself.
Right now a gutter has fallen down. It's been down for a couple of months. It's going to be fixed soon. But I'm terrified it's washing away the foundations of the house.
Please can someone tell me that this will get better?

BifsWif Sun 01-Jan-17 18:08:30

Have you spoken to your GP? Are you receiving any treatment for the anxiety/panic attacks?x

letsghostdance Sun 01-Jan-17 18:21:11

I went to OOH on the 27th because the anxiety was too much and I was considering drastic action. They gave me diazepam which I've been taking, but the worries are still there.

BifsWif Sun 01-Jan-17 19:15:21

I think you should maybe have a chat with your GP, diazapam isn't a long term solution but the GP will be able to help with other medications and maybe CBT air talking therapy.
It won't be like this forever, I promise. I take citalopram for my anxiety and the change is remarkable.

BifsWif Sun 01-Jan-17 19:15:35

Or talking therapy*

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now