Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Duloxetine/cymbalta for anxiety-any experience/advice?

(8 Posts)
Haggisfish Thu 29-Dec-16 23:29:44

Hello everyone
I suffer with anxiety which manifests itself as health anxiety on the surface but actually my mind is a maelstrom of anxious thoughts about pretty much everything! Normally I can deal with it, but it's becoming overwhelming and impacting on my every day life. I've been prescribed duloxetine and counselling and just wanted some thoughts from others. Please don't write graphic descriptions of side effects etc-just a brief outline if you had any issues! I've taken Prozac before and got in with it ok. I'm more anxious than depressed this time though. Thanks!

Haggisfish Fri 30-Dec-16 00:20:15

Bump for late night anxious crew!grin

RandomMcRandomer Fri 30-Dec-16 00:29:04

It worked really well for me with minimal side effects.

Haggisfish Fri 30-Dec-16 00:31:19

Thank you. Just taken my first dose and feeling a bit anxious about it. Got to laugh haven't you?!

Loopsdefruits Fri 30-Dec-16 00:33:15

As far as I remember I didn't have too many issues with it, but it didn't really work either (I am a bit of an odd case in that none of the SSRIs or SNRIs I tried worked, now I'm on an atypical anti-depressant which I love. Definitely give it a go, or try a more 'anti-anxiety' med if it's not quite kicking it smile

Haggisfish Fri 30-Dec-16 00:36:12

I really wanted to try escitalopram but gp recommended this one instead.

Haggisfish Fri 30-Dec-16 05:11:33

Any more experiences?

Haggisfish Fri 30-Dec-16 17:53:55

Felt a big nauseous with sore head today but not too bad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now